Riasearch has been conducting research trials since 2016, committing to the development of an innovative service in the field of aquaculture experimentation. We have a highly experienced and committed team specialised in research trials using aquatic species, with particular focus on shrimp. We actively collaborate with a broad network of scientific and industrial partnerships in order to develop research projects that are conducted in our facilities.
Graduated in Aquatic Sciences, with over 20 years of expertise in aquaculture industry. Renata had several director positions, such as R&D, production, and general manager. She has been responsible for design and implementation of several RAS systems for marine fish species and shrimp. She is the founder, manager, and research coordinator of Riasearch.
Graduated in Biology (BSc) and Master in Marine Biology (MSc), Adriana has over 10 years of expertise in the aquaculture industry. Zootechnical skills and experience with several marine species and different life stages (from hatcheries to grow-out). She is in charge of Aquatic Research Facility at Riasearch, including the recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
Graduated in Biology (BSc), Master in Aquaculture (MSc) and PhD student on “immune modulation of white leg shrimp through nutrition for an improved disease resistance in the first stages of development”. André specializes in fish and shrimp nutrition, health and growth trials in a wide range of life stages, including larvae, juveniles and grow-outs. He is responsible for leading the research trials at Riasearch.
PhD in Environmental Sciences, Ana has more than 15 years of experience on data analysis and simulation of aquatic systems, namely, to support aquaculture production. Participated in several international (e.g. EU FP5,6,7, LIFE+, eco-innovation and COFASP), and national research projects, both in academic and industrial settings. She is Manager of Innovation and Development at Riasearch.
- Sparos Lda, Olhão, Portugal
We actively collaborate with a broad network of partners:
- Abel Salazar Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- CIIMAR – Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, Porto, Portugal
- Faculty of Engineering of the Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Portugal
- INESC TEC – Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science, Porto, Portugal
- Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Leiria, Portugal
- University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- CCMAR, Centro de Ciências do Mar, Algarve University, Algarve, Portugal